Does My Vision Need To Be Really Bad For Lasik?
Lasik vision correction surgery works for most individuals who wear glasses or contacts. But there are still many who think it is not appropriate for them. Many people think that they need to have enough bad vision to go for Lasik. In other words, they have a misconception that they need higher prescription glasses. You can schedule your appointment for Lasik surgery in Delhi from the visual aids centre and to know if your vision qualifies for Lasik. Lasik is able to treat patients suffering from myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. A stronger prescription ensures that you will be happier with the outcome to notice a drastic change. But sometimes your prescription is too high that Lasik is not the right option.
Lasik surgery cost in India [https://visualaidscentre.com/service/lasik-surgery-cost-india/] is pocket-friendly as well as totally worth investing for clear and stable eyesight. There are several factors that determine if you are a good candidate for Lasik or not. These factors include the following parameters:
- Age: Your age should be at least 21 years for Lasik.
- Stable prescription: Your eyeglass prescription should be the same for the past 12 months or more.
- No chronic pain conditions like migraine.
- Not suffering from any eye infection, glaucoma, or cataract.
- Not too much thin cornea.
If you qualify for the above criteria then you need to check if your eye prescription is within range to get cured with Lasik. People with up to +6 diopters of hyperopia are eligible for Lasik. And for myopia, the limit is -12 diopters to get Lasik surgery. Before Lasik, doctors will assess your vision and examine your eyes to check if Lasik is suitable for you or not. If you qualify for all tests of the doctor then you will obtain crisp and clear vision after Lasik.
What Refractive Error Is Within The Treatable Range?
Refractive error occurs when your cornea’s shape is imperfect. There are four types of refractive errors: myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and presbyopia. You need glasses or contacts to focus the light on the retina properly to see clearly. However, now with the latest technology, you can get clear and stable vision with Lasik eye surgery. To qualify for Lasik, you need to lie within the treatable range of Lasik treatment.
- Myopia: In this eye condition, the person is able to see only nearby objects clearly. People find it difficult to see far objects if they suffer from myopia. The clinic qualifies for Lasik starting from -0.5D up to -8D or sometimes till -12D.
- Hyperopia: This is a common vision problem in which a person can clearly see far objects but cannot see the nearby objects clearly. You will qualify for Lasik if your prescription is above +3D and up to +6D.
- Astigmatism: This refractive error occurs because of the imperfect shape of the cornea. Lasik can treat this eye condition if the prescription is up to 6.0D.
The best way to find your eye prescription is to schedule a thorough eye examination.